Template:Notability Paul Copan is a Christian theologian, philosopher, apologist, and author. He is currently a professor at the Palm Beach Atlantic University and holds the renowned Pledger Family Endowed Chair of Philosophy and Ethics. He has written primarily in the area of philosophy of religion, authored seven books about religious relatvisim and religion & science, and edited eleven books in field of philosophy of religion and the historicity of Jesus Christ. He has contributed many articles in professional journals and books and is the president of the Evangelical Philosophical Society.
- Ph.D., Marquette University (Philosophy)
- M.Div., Trinity International University (Divinity)
- M.A., Trinity International University (Philosophy of Religion)
- B.A., Columbia International University (Biblical Studies)
Society memberships Edit
- Society of Christian Philosophers, 1986 - present.
- Evangelical Theological Society, 1995 - present.
- Evangelical Philosophical Society, 1997 - present.
- Society of Biblical Literature (and American Academy of Religion), 1999 - present.
- American Catholic Philosophical Association, 1999 - present.
- American Philosophical Association, 2002 - present.
- When God Goes to Starbucks: A Guide to Everyday Apologetics. (Grand Rapids: Baker, 2008.)
- Loving Wisdom: Christian Philosophy of Religion. (St. Louis: Chalice Press, 2007)
- What Is Truth? Series edited by Danielle DuRant. (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2007.)
- "How do you know you're not wrong?": Responding to Objections that Leave Christians Speechless. (Grand Rapids: Baker, 2005).
- (Co-authored with William Lane Craig), Creation ex Nihilo: A Biblical, Philosophical, and Scientific Exploration (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 2004).
- "That’s Just Your Interpretation": Responding to Skeptics Who Challenge Your Faith (Grand Rapids: Baker, 2001)
- True for You, But Not for Me: Deflating the Slogans That Leave Christians Speechless (Minneapolis: Bethany House, 1998).
Other Involvements Edit
- Board of Contributors, Christian Research Journal, 2006 - present.
- Staley Series Lecturer, 2001 - present.
- Salvo Magazine: Board of Editorial Advisors, 2000 - present.
- San Diego Christian Forum: Board of Advisors, 2000 - present.
- Editorial reviewer, Philosophia Christi.
- Board member of PEER Servants.
- International Institute for Christian Studies: Member, Board of Advisors.