|This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Please improve this article if you can. (November 2009)|
|Search Wiktionary||Look up intrinsic, extrinsic, or innate in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term intrinsic denotes a property of some thing or action which is essential and specific to that thing or action, and which is wholly independent of any other object, action or consequence. A characteristic which is not essential or inherent is extrinsic.
More specific uses of the concepts can be found:
- in philosophy; intrinsic and extrinsic properties
- in physics; intensive and extensive properties
- in psychology; intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
- in computing; intrinsic function.
- in mathematics; Intrinsic equations.
- Specific properties
- Extrinsic value
- Intrinsic value
- Intrinsic semiconductor
- Extrinsic semiconductor
- Intrinsic immunityTemplate:SIA