Template:Article issues C. Stephen Evans, Ph.D. is an historian and philosopher, currently University Professor of Philosophy and Humanities at Baylor University. He holds a B.A. with High Honors (philosophy), from Wheaton College, an M.Phil. (philosophy) from Yale University, and a Ph.D. (philosophy) from Yale University.
- Kierkegaard: An Introduction (forthcoming from Cambridge University Press)
- Kierkegaard on Faith and the Self: Collected Essays (Waco, Texas: Baylor University Press, 2006)
- Kierkegaard’s Ethic of Love: Divine Commands and Moral Requirements (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004)
- Pocket Dictionary of Philosophy of Religion and Apologetics (Downers Grove, Illinois: InterVarsity Press, 2002). Translated and published in Portugese by Editora Vida, 2003. Translated and published in Macedonian, 2003. Spanish translation published by Editorial Unilit in 2007.
- Faith Beyond Reason (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 1998; and Grand Rapids, Michigan: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1998)
- The Historical Christ and the Jesus of Faith: The Incarnational Narrative as History (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1996)
- Why Believe: Reason and Mystery as Pointers to God (Grand Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1996). A revised version of The Quest for Faith: Reason and Mystery As Pointers to God (InterVarsity Press, 1986). Chinese edition of Why Believe translated by Daniel Kwok-Tung Cheung (Hong Kong: FES Press, 2002).
- Passionate Reason: Making Sense of Kierkegaard's Philosophical Fragments (Indiana University Press, 1992)
- Kierkegaard's Fragments and Postscript: The Religious Philosophy of Johannes Climacus (Humanities Press, 1983; reprinted by Humanity Books, an imprint of Prometheus Books, 1999)
- Subjectivity and Religious Belief: An Historical, Critical Study (Eerdmans, 1978)
- Philosophy of Religion: Thinking About Faith (InterVarsity Press, 1985). Spanish translation: Filosofía de la Religion (Editorial Mundo Hispano, 1990). Macedonian translation 2004.
- Søren Kierkegaard's Christian Psychology (Zondervan, 1990)
- Wisdom and Humanness in Psychology (Baker Books, 1989)
- Preserving the Person: A Look at the Human Sciences (InterVarsity Press, 1977; Baker Reprint, 1982)
- Existentialism: The Philosophy of Despair and the Quest for Hope (Zondervan, 1984; reprinted Probe Books, 1989). A revised edition of Despair: A Moment or a Way of Life? (InterVarsity Press, 1971)
- ↑ Dr. C. Stephen Evans's personal page at Baylor University 
- ↑ Dr. C. Stephen Evans's 32 page CV (Curriculum Vitae)